[Simh] rasberry pi

Michael Bloom mabloom at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 8 12:35:04 EST 2012

** With the ARM, gcc compilation options could have a significant impact
on CPU performance and  "performance hits".  Compiling with -O2 might
help some at the cost of losing debuggability, but there are so many
different ARM processors that the biggest improvements  may come in
matching the code generation to the processor using code generation that
uses the lowest common denominator strategy.  The -mcpu= and  -mtune=
options can help with this.  Check the gcc man page for the list of ARM
processor types that can be specified.

Also,  -mfloat-abi=softfp can help in some circumstances when  you've
previously been using -mfloat-abi=soft despite having an FPU  (it
generates FP instructions but retains the library call api used when
linking with libraries that contain floating point simulations , in
order to retain binary compatibility).

*
On*/Thu Mar 8 05:58:36 EST 2012 /*Quentin North (noisy)*<quentin at
quentin.org.uk>
/