[Simh] smallest pdp-11 that can run TECO and sockets(*)?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:17:30 EDT 2012

On 29 Jun 2012, at 01:36, Richard wrote:

> In article <DC3C4006-4DA6-4951-A796-78C751E2D49F at serissa.com>,
>    Lawrence Stewart <stewart at serissa.com> writes:
>
>> If you just want to do file transfer, [...]
>
> Nope.  File transfer is not the goal; web server implemented in a TECO
> macro is the goal.
>
> (I told you it was a crazy experiment!)

I don't know if it's at all relevant but Johnny Billquist is working on a Web Server implementation for RSX-11in the standard DEC BASIC for that machine. It includes a TCP/IP stack in with it (as RSX-11M doesn't have on as standard) which could easily be leveraged for other things.

Just a thought :)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info