[Simh] mac lisp on pdp-10?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri Jun 22 12:26:11 EDT 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Tim Newsham wrote:

> Can ITS and maclisp run on the simh pdp-10 emulator?
> Does it run shrdlu?

Unless you want this exact thing as a kind of archeological exercise, the
original guys behind SHRDLU claim to have it ported to Common Lisp.

http://hci.stanford.edu/~winograd/shrdlu/

http://hci.stanford.edu/winograd/shrdlu/code.tar

http://hci.stanford.edu/~winograd/shrdlu/download/consoleshrdlu.zip

>From what I have seen in Maclisp-ed source code of it, Common Lisp is
indeed descendant of Maclisp, and the code looks quite familiar. So if the
Windows console port does not work, it may be possible to hack on original
a bit and load it anyway into generic CL environment. Well, maybe a little
more than just a bit - CLISP.exe included with zip is ooooold,
XX-century oooold...

(My first post here, so hello everybody. I am simply curious and
fascinated with stuff that doesn't want to go away in spite of all
marketing hype - I suspect this stuff has strong qi in it, I want some
of this qi for myself).

Regards,
Tomasz Rola