[Simh] PDP-11 linux cross-assembler

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Fri Jul 20 04:54:24 EDT 2012

I want to thank you for all the replies. A little summary (so far):

- Using the assembler included in 2.11BSD: can't be done. That assembler
is written in assembler, and I've not been able to find any other one
written in C.

- macro11 included in simh: it works, and it generates object files.
There is an utility named "OBJ2HEX" to convert those object files to
loadable binaries, but I've not been able to find it so far (there is an
OBJ2HEX for intel processors, but nothing googleable for PDP11). Could
it be part of one of the DECUS tapes?

- GNU gas: does generate a.out object files; the linker (ld) does not work.

- C/Assembler package for unix: I'll take a look as soon as posible.

Thanks again for your replies; I'll try to post the final result of this
"quest" :)