[Simh] Simulated PDP-11 Blinkenlight front panel for SimH

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Sat Jul 14 17:14:17 EDT 2012

Hi Heinz,

> This is just great - I really enjoy it.
Thanks!

> However since I use MAC OSX I have to go to Winows emulation under
> Parallels. It works fine under Windows 7, but not under the Ubuntu
> emulation. It would really be great if I could just run it under MAC OSX.
Well, about Ubuntu: I recognized too late that I compiled SimH with the
USE_NETWORK option.
So under Ubuntu, you need "libpcap" installed, as described in
"0readme_ethernet.txt"

> As is the API server interface works with apple java - the 11/40 comes
> up nicely, but "blinkenlightapitst" cannot be executed, neither the
> pdp11 games.sim_PDP11.
"blinkenlightapitst" isn't really necessary.
   You can see in "start.bat", that blinkenlightapitst is only used to
loop until the Java application has come up.
   It does so by repeatedly  pinging the build in  Java RPC server.
  A constant timeout would do the same job.

> Both most likely will need to be taken from source ?
> Normally simh works well under OSX.
If you want the sources to compile them under OSX,  I could zip them and
put them on my web site.
I didn't published  so far, because I use an own version of v3.8-1, with
some other modifications.
I'm in progress of simplifying and merging it with v3.9, but there are
problems with the telnet server,
and I have no time budget for it at the moment.

Joerg