[Simh] PDP-wiki

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Jul 9 10:44:23 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-09 15:40, Mark Benson wrote:
>>> I don't know why someone hasn't setup a vintage computing (or maybe
>>> just DEC) wiki to assemble all the info into one place like I did for
>>> the terminals wiki (see signature below).
>>
>> OK, quickly started one at http://pdp-11.ls-al.eu
>> Contact me offlist for any questions or other inquiries.
>> I could _really_ use some help in filling it with content, people!
>
> I am sorry to sound like I'm competing but I have DEC wiki at:
>
> http://wiki.dectec.info
>
> Needs content adding, I set it up just for this purpose about 9 months ago.
>
> Have at it! :)

<rant on>
Everybody wants to put up cool sites with information, but everybody
expects someone else to actually contribute the content...
<rant off>

Sorry, not personally against you Mark. It's just that I think there are
too many of the "I've set up a site, please someone else fill it with
all the good stuff that everybody wants to see".
I personally don't see a great need in such sites, and I seldom, if
ever, contribute to them. The contents is the hard part. Setting up a
wiki or similar itself is the easy thing.

That said, all the power to you all. In case one of you actually manage
to create a site where all the useful information does exist, it would
be a very nice resource to have.

(If nothing else, I'll eventually create something running under RSX,
just to test the concept, and I like hacking in RSX, and it would also
be poetical justice for a PDP-11 to host the information... :-) However,
it might just not get any information either... :-) )

	Johnny