[Simh] Throttling and this release

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Sun Jul 8 17:24:59 EDT 2012

On 7 July 2012 23:00, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, July 07, 2012 at 1:31 PM David Brownlee wrote:
>> I'm assuming the switching of IPL to 1 and then immediately back is OK
>> for simh in this situation - could you confirm?
>
> This is exactly the goal.
> IPL 1 is not used anywhere in the NetBSD kernel so this the transition to IPL 1 can be used as the idle trigger for that OS.
>
> This is equivalent to the suggested macro change.
>
>> Assuming so I can submit a pullup of this change into the netbsd-6
>> branch so it will make the NetBSD-6 release, and potentially submit it
>> into the netbsd-5 and even netbsd-4 branches so anyone building from
>> the head of those branches can also benefit.

Confirmed the netbsd-5 tree runs fine with the change and pullup submitted.

One question - could I confirm the syntax in simh-vax for the cpu idle conmmand?
Am I missing anything?

sim> show cpu
CPU, idle disabled, 256MB, HALT to SIMH
sim> set cpu idle
Command not allowed
sim> set cpu idle=VMS

thats with a load -r .../ka655x.bin and set cpu 256m

Thanks!