[Simh] smallest pdp-11 that can run TECO and sockets(*)?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 8 12:41:38 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-08 18:08, Richard wrote:

> In article <4FF9AF5C.6060207 at softjar.se>,
>      Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:
>
>> Ah! I had never noticed that the string building characters for a search
>> were also allowed in the file commands. Thanks.
>
> They are allowed in *any* text argument to a command.

Not according to the manuals, but I have not checked the source code.
The manual says you can use the string building characters for a search
in search commands (obviously), and, to quote the manual:

String build characters are  also  permitted  inside  the  string
      arguments of the O, EB, ER, EW, and EG commands.

Missing from that list is:
EI, EN, ^A, I, FR, ^U

Admittedly, some of these (like I) have other ways of doing the
equivalent, but other times you just have to work around it.
But it might be that they are allowed in these commands as well, and the
manual is just wrong. I don't know...

	Johnny