[Simh] smallest pdp-11 that can run TECO and sockets(*)?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jul 7 13:09:37 EDT 2012

I should point out that the LSI-11 does not have EIS in the basic CPU.
It's an option you can add, which have both EIS and FIS (the KEV-11,
horrible :-) ).
The LSI-11 is also 16-bit addresses only.

I tried finding any information about the speed of the thing, but
failed. But I think it is actually slower than the 11/05...

Anyway, unless the OP actually aim to find a real 11/03, I fail to see
the point here. An emulated machine will not perform or behave the same
from a time point of view anyway, and since I've already pointed out
that RT-11 will run on any PDP-11, and TECO runs under RT-11, any
machine running RT-11 is essentially equivalent to the "smallest"
(slowest) PDP-11 from a coding point of view.

What is left is actually writing the code, something that seems to get
much less attention...

	Johnny