[Simh] trouble selecting VAX ethernet on CentOS

Michael L. Umbricht mike at umbricht.org
Tue Feb 28 18:20:17 EST 2012

Very cool! I have one more busy day before I can play. I'll try this out
in the next couple days and send a full report by Saturday.

I currently have these 6 interfaces, but that does not include the PC
Card that gets named eth1

Thank you very much,

-mikeu

[mikeu at rigel Desktop]$ ifconfig -a
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:26:B9:24:D8:B0
          inet addr:192.168.214.254  Bcast:192.168.214.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::226:b9ff:fe24:d8b0/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:32485115 (30.9 MiB)  TX bytes:6032798 (5.7 MiB)
          Interrupt:17

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:5624 (5.4 KiB)  TX bytes:5624 (5.4 KiB)

pan0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:4D:DF:52:34:08
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

virbr0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 52:54:00:4D:C2:17
          inet addr:192.168.122.1  Bcast:192.168.122.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:2093 (2.0 KiB)

virbr0-nic Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 52:54:00:4D:C2:17
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:500
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:21:6A:AE:D9:08
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

[mikeu at rigel Desktop]$ cat /proc/net/dev
Inter-|   Receive                                                |
Transmit
 face |bytes    packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes
  packets errs drop fifo colls carrier compressed
    lo:    5624      82    0    0    0     0          0         0
5624      82    0    0    0     0       0          0
  eth0:32487353   33078    0    0    0     0          0         0
6039459   31828    0    0    0     0       0          0
 wlan0:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0
0       0    0    0    0     0       0          0
  pan0:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0
0       0    0    0    0     0       0          0
virbr0:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0
2093      22    0    0    0     0       0          0
virbr0-nic:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0
    0       0    0    0    0     0       0          0