[Simh] Basic questions

Vorländer, Martin MV at pdv-systeme.de
Fri Aug 31 08:31:55 EDT 2012

As it's possible that I misunderstood this paragraph, a clarification:

> > My second question is a bit more general. After I get the licenses
> > loaded I want to install TCP/IP .. it's part of the .iso file I got from
> > HP. But how do I set up SimH? I've Googled a lot and there seems to be
> > several approaches that have been developed over the years. I can't
> > figure out what's current. Primarily I'm looking for a way to get data
> > into VAX, COMs, ZIPs and EXEs. I'd forgotten that VMS takes a lot of
> > customizing to run smoothly.
>
> First you have to install the UCX license.
>
> Then you install the kit (named something like *-TCPIP-*.PCSI*) like
>
> $ PRODUCT INSTALL TCPIP /SOURCE=<path-to-PCSI-file>
>
> Then you configure it using
>
> $ @SYS$MANAGER:TCPIP$CONFIG.COM

Once you've done that, you can connect to any machine in the network,
EXCEPT to the host machine that SimH runs on. For that connection, you
have to set up a second interface using the taptap method Lennert
described in his post.

cu,
  Martin