[Simh] clang (was Re: XCode and LTO)

Peter Svensson psvsimh at psv.nu
Sun Apr 29 01:41:03 EDT 2012

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, Sergey Oboguev wrote:

> Like with all busy-wait loops intended to implement short delays, loop is
> initially calibrated against a real time source, then a required number of
> iterations is used to execute actual delay.
> You can find more details in SIMH source code.

Hi,

I feel I may not have been clear enoungh. How does the simulated CPU know
the wall time of the host? Is it able to read the host wall time via some
emulated io space?

Relying on any operation in native C being implemented in any partcular
way is prone to breakage, eventually.

Since the time in the rom is expected to be short, why not just spin
waiting for gettimeofday to change?

Peter