[Simh] OT - Windows - Re: Alpha simulator performance

David Moisan dmoisan at davidmoisan.org
Sun Apr 22 09:46:27 EDT 2012

On the other hand, the architect of PowerShell, Jeffrey Snover, has cited DCL as one of his inspirations in designing the language.  I have yet to see DCL first hand because it came after my primary exposure with DEC, and I have never been able to get  VMS media, even though I can get a license.

However, there is no question after six years of PowerShell that it has become extremely functional and firmly part of the Windows ecosystem.

(I think the x86 issue is much more complicated than you make it out to be, from what I remember of DEC history, but this belongs in comp.folklore...)