[Simh] Alpha simulator performance

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:01:11 EDT 2012

NT is not VMS or a reimplementation of it.i wouldnt even say there's vms code in there.there can't be, VMS was never that bad.
NT crashed all over the place, it was unstable, it was horrifically bloatedand all sorts of other nasty things.on top of that it's really only a single-user system.
you could have hundreds of users simultaneously on a vax750 and it wouldnt seem slow.a pair of clustered vax780s never seemed to break a sweat.
maybe it's just perspective, maybe it's the client/server design,maybe it's what we did with it.
vms was elegant. thats something NT never had.