[Simh] Extended SimH on BeagleBone controls real blinkenlight panels

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Wed Apr 18 16:57:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just finished another "Blinkenlight" project:
An extended SimH runs on a BeagleBone (credit card sized Linux platform)
and controls real console panels of historical computers, or simulations
of those panels.
So the project is named "BlinkenBone".

First implementation is re-animation of a PDP-11/40 console (KY11-D),
others will follow.
See documentation here: www.retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone

I think there are a few? a lot? other "SimH-blinkenlight" projects out
there.
Perhaps it is time to define the definitive "SimH - Blinkenlight"
interface, so there's a standard for future work. My proposal is
http://www.retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone/169-blinkenbone-architecture-overview

If you like to build this too, we will support you ... but it won't be
cheap.
And code deployment isn't organized yet, contact me on demand.

regards
Joerg