[Simh] VMS Cluster boot on an unique container

Matt scope.matthew at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 29 09:57:39 EDT 2011

This configuration works fine, I've used it several times before. Under
Linux no changes should be needed to the Simh code but under Windows you
will need to change sim_fio.c as follows:

#include "sim_defs.h"

change to:

#include <share.h>
#include "sim_defs.h"

---

return fopen64 (file, mode);
#else
return fopen (file, mode);
#endif

change to:

return fopen64 (file, mode);
#else
return _fsopen (file, mode, _SH_DENYNO);
#endif

This will prevent exclusive locking on the image file. I don't know if
any changes are needed to the other supported platforms.

I also did a demo last year with storageworks disks on a shared SCSI bus
between a PC and a VAX 4000-200 (with a CMD MSCP/SCSI card). The system
disk was a host based shadow set made up from two of the SCSI disks,
maintained by Simh and the real VAX.

Matt