[Simh] ARM simulator?

dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 19 16:50:02 EDT 2011

Il 19/09/2011 22:24, Al Kossow ha scritto:
> On 9/19/11 1:16 PM, Bob Supnik wrote:
>> I got an inquiry about whether there's a SimH-based ARM simulator.
>
> What does that even mean?
> SIMH is a system simulator.
> ARM is a microprocessor with over 10 generations behind it.
> Do they want to simulate an Acorn Archemedies? Newton?
>
> There is ARM processor support in MAME and MESS, maybe they
> should look over there.

uhm.... Aside that IMHO SIMH is an emulator and not a simulator (with
the potential of becoming the equivalent of MAME/MESS for the early
systems, from 1940s onwards) the MAME/MESS system is too different to
the SIMH for allowing a straight stealing^W borrowing of code from SIMH

OTOH, because seems to me that aside gaming, the large majority of ARM
system are in embedded, control or industrial systems, I can't exclude
that someone has built a SIMH-based ARM emulator for development..

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.