[Simh] SIMH dies when using ftp or wget

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Mon Sep 19 10:45:33 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 13:39:07 +0200, Arpadffy Zoltan <Zoltan.Arpadffy at scientificgames.se> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have run into a very weird behaviour.
> The TCPIP communication works well both in and outbound. Ping, telnet, pop3 all works.
> BUT when I try to use FTP after the get or put command the whole SIMH dies.

How does SIMH "die"?

Does the SIMH process die and exit? Or does your networking break (in
a timeout manner)? Or do you see network-related error messages at the
guest OS?

It's a Linux host. And it seems (from your description) that it dies
reproductible. Could you please attach `strace' or `ltrace' (for a
start) to the SIMH process and show us the last few hundred lines?

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:             God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of