[Simh] DR(V)11-C emulation

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Fri Sep 2 14:33:30 EDT 2011

I have recently discovered what look like very flexible programmable
microcontrollers from XMOS (www.xmos.com).  I plan to use their XC-2
Ethernet versions to emulate a DEC DR(V)11-C interface to an Analogic
digitizer subsystem we have running off a MicroVAX (for over 20
years!).  These devices look to be very easy to program, for example,
to adjust the timing of the data and control signal pulse widths.  I
recommend anyone that wants to implement either a USB or Ethernet
emulator of a DEC DR11-type parallel interface (PIO or DMA) device for
SIMH take a look at these products.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608