[Simh] Infoserver software

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:03:25 EDT 2011

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:27:18 -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:

> Is there any documentation on the LAD/LAST protocols anywhere?  If there
> was documentation available it might make an interesting project...

If I'm not wrong, Digital never published any specification about LAD/LAST
protocols, but they patented them. You may find a somewhat complete
description of the whole thing in the patent application. The protocol is
described at large and with a quite high level approach, but indeed there
are some interesting details like the format of some messages exchanged by
server and clients. It recalls quite a lot the LAT protocol.

Look for patent application number EP0358293 with Google. There are many
sites from which patent copies can be downloaded for free as PDF files.

If you encounter any trouble, I may upload somewhere the copy I've got. :)

HTH,
G.