[Simh] What OS was this {HP2100}

Ron Hudson hudson.ra at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 00:49:25 EDT 2011

Calling fans of the HP2100

When I was in high school in the 70's I was granted permission to use
a local college's HP2100 system.

The OS was Batch based - there was a card reader (and card punches
whoo) and a line printer.
There was a console terminal, and the kind of disk drive that has a
flat round removable platter and
a fixed platter.  There was also a tape drive (6250 bpi? reel to reel)

I could write FORTRAN programs, and there were cards to place in front
of and around my
deck to compile and run it.  If I was there really early I could work
on the terminal, but I had to leave
if any actual college students showed up.

I remember 102077 (octal) was a magic number indicating success. I
also remember if one
entered the command "why" on the terminal the OS would reply with "Why not?"

What OS was I probably running?

Can  I run that same OS under SIMH?  If so where can I get it?