[Simh] TAP-Win32 and SIMH

Christopher Myers thisisentchris87 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:56:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my host system to communicate with my simh VAX 3900
system, a feat that is impossible.  Now according to the simh faq I can
solve this problem by using a TAP-Win32 controller that's included in
OpenVPN.   I've been messing around with this but can't seem to make it work
and now I'm lost.  Simh doesn't see the TAP controller, bridging doesn't
work, blah blah blah.

Has anyone gotten this to work and how?  My ultimate goal here is to get
Xming to communicate with DECwindows on one machine (I've already gotten it
to work over my network).

Thanks,
-Chris