[Simh] VAXstation 2000

Andrew Back andy at smokebelch.org
Wed May 25 04:17:31 EDT 2011

On (23:43 24/05/11), scope.matthew at btinternet.com wrote:
> This may be a duplicate post; I tried several days ago but was unsuccessful.
>
> There has been a lot of discussion around graphics support recently so I thought
>
> I better post what i've been working on over the last month or so. I've been
> adding several extra VAX models to simh, one of which is the VAXstation 2000.
> Currently it has Windows GDI graphics output but I intend to add X11 support,
> which should make it portable to most of the supported simh platforms. I think
> VNC is probably the best approach but I went with GDI/X11 for now because it was
>
> quick and simple.

This is fantastic news! I have a special fondness for the VAXstation 2000 as
it was the first VAX I ever used and I end up owning a stack of them some
years ago. I picked one up more recently but have been unable to find
certain parts for it, e.g. mono KVM cable and an MFM disk.

I'll watch out for the X11 version as give it a go as soon as it's
available.

Regards,

Andrew

--