[Simh] Emulated Graphics card?

Holger Veit holger.veit at iais.fraunhofer.de
Thu May 12 04:19:16 EDT 2011

Am 11.05.2011 18:23, schrieb Michael Kerpan:
[...]
> by any modern X servers. Emulating a graphics card which can be
> connected to by VNC would solve all those problems. I actually had a
> similar idea a while ago, but given my limted coding skills, was
> unable to do anything about it.
> Mike
VNC is intriguing, particularly because libraries like LibVNCServer make
it pretty easy to
integrate a FB device into simh, see the "simple.c" server as an
example. Some
more homework needs to be done, namely because this takes over the
entire event
handling; this must be changed into some device polling for simh, but no
real show stopper.

The virulent part of VNC is the GPL license (not LGPL). Simh uses the
BSD style for a
reason I can well understand.

--
Holger