[Simh] Running and compiling SIMH under 64-bit Windows 7

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Mon May 2 09:32:18 EDT 2011

Jason

I'm running VC 2008 Express, but could probably grab the VC 2010 Express edition if that's what you're using.

I'm not entirely sure when Microsoft started being able to generate 64-bit EXEs in their toolchains, but since I started writing my reply I also did some Googling and it seems that I may need to get a fully-blown version of Visual Studio Professional

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/deeptanshuv/archive/2006/04/11/573795.aspx

but then I read posts like

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/Vsexpressvc/thread/4ce313a3-cb5f-43fc-bbb9-50233f8ed11b

which seem to indicate I may be OK.

Sigh !  Too many toolset options compared with what I was used to under OpenVMS VAX / Alpha !

Cheers
Jason