[Simh] VAXstation 2000

Nathan Cutler presnypreklad at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:15:10 EDT 2011

> Are there some AUTOGEN settings that should get the system to re-read
> itself and start IDing correctly or do I have to learn linemode EDIT
> and fix some files?

When you say linemode EDIT, are you referring to EDT?

I find the EDT editor's line mode to be quite simple and
straightforward. If you want to take a look, here's the manual:

http://elvira.stacken.kth.se/rstsdoc/rsts-doc-v80/v8.0-v4-b-edt_editor_manual.pdf

There's an introduction to line editing starting from page 2-20 and
then Chapter 7 gives the details.

Basic line editing is a good thing to have in your toolbox/skillset.
Using the above manual with a functioning VMS installation, you could
probably learn the basics (enough to do what you need) in just a few
minutes - certainly less than an hour.

Nathan