[Simh] Problems compling SIMH

Gary Lee Phillips tivo.overo at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:34:56 EDT 2011

Looks like you're missing the header files for libpcap. I don't run
RedHat so I have no idea where they may have stashed them. You may
have to add a separate "developer" package to get them, or they may be
already there, just not where the compiler is looking.

Check /usr/local/include and if there's no pcap.h or pcap subdirectory
there, then check /usr/include for the same. If they are in
/usr/include then change the "/usr/local/include" in the makefile to
"/usr/include" instead.

If the files aren't there, you'll have to find out where they are.
Something like

find  /usr  -name pcap.h  -print

And if that finds nothing, then you'll need to consult a RedHat
expert, as I'm out of ideas.

--Gary