[Simh] Problems compling SIMH

Joe Ambrose joeambrose at optonline.net
Mon May 23 11:22:03 EDT 2011

Gary,

Libpcap was installed, the libpcap.a file is in /usr/lib not usr/local/lib.

I'm adjusting the makefile and.....

It still bombs out....
The command used for the network is....

NETWORK_OPT = -DUSE_NETWORK -isystem /usr/local/include /usr/lib/libpcap.a

The error I'm getting.....

sim_ether.c: In function `eth_write':
sim_ether.c:1070: warning: implicit declaration of function
`pcap_sendpacket'
/tmp/cczAqfXC.o(.text+0x147e): In function `eth_write':
/root/simh/sim_ether.c:1070: undefined reference to `pcap_sendpacket'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [BIN/vax] Error 1

did I miss something?

Joseph Ambrose