[Simh] VAX DZ terminal controller unit?

Peter Svensson psvsimh at psv.nu
Fri May 20 16:46:25 EDT 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Gary Lee Phillips wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM, David Holland
> <david.w.holland at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Bridge devices, and veth type devices will work wonders to get the VAX on
> > the LAN.
> >
> The virtual interface and bridge trick ought to work, but I first
> rejected it as unnecessarily complicated. Last night I tried to get it
> working, but without success. After creating a br0 "device" and the
> two linked "veth" interfaces, and connecting eth0 to veth0 through the
> bridge, and making sure all of them were "up" I still ended up with
> the same situation as before. Both the virtual VAX and the real Linux
> box have access to the LAN and internet under separate IP and MAC
> addresses but using the same NIC. Neither is able to see or
> communicate with the other.
>
> The virtual VAX is connected to veth1, and the link to veth0 and br0
> must be working because the VAX still has connectivity. It just can't
> connect to the Linux system, nor the Linux system to it.

Try moving the Linux IP number etc to the br0 device.

Have you tried with the tuntap patch from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simh/files/Unofficial%20Patches/3.8.1/ ?

Works fine for me on several computers. Simh on a tap interface (2x simh
actually) + linux in a bridge.

You have to pay careful attention to any firewall rules etc.

Peter