[Simh] Emulated Graphics card?

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Thu May 12 22:38:18 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM, John Floren <john at jfloren.net> wrote:
> I recently integrated LibVNCServer with a VESA implementation I did for a
> KVM project. Very easy, probably a good choice if you want to show a
> framebuffer

Something like that was my initial thought as well. Sadly, as some
folks have pointed out, all the existing VNC/RFB stuff is GPL, while
SIMH is under an BSD/X11-style. Thus, in order to use VNC/RFB we'd
have to either create a GPL-licensed derivative of SIMH (Yucky, but
probably allowed under the license so long as the original code
retains its original notices) or create our own implementation
strictly from the specs...