[Simh] Emulated Graphics card?

Wed May 11 03:23:09 EDT 2011

The recent discussion about a GUI for Simh triggered another thought. The current Simh emulator does not have emulation for graphic cards (as far as I am aware). I would really love to have a simulated VAXstation. Is anyone working on something like this? As an idea for platform independent graphics output... could such an emulated graphics card output to VNC? That would allow using it on any platform that Simh can be compiled on (I want to run it on MaxOSX, others on Linux etc). Just connect with a VNC viewer. Virtual display size/bit depth could be specified in the settings file for Simh

Just some random thoughts... and a VAXstation would really be great
---markus---