[Simh] New to the List + Questions

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 00:14:35 EST 2011

Thanks very much everyone for all the info and help with the UNIX
related question, the only issues I had was getting the bootable tape
image created - grr, hate windows - luckily a friend of mine didn't
mind making me the tape image (and the install image for Ultrix 4.0).
The other issue, I find is more odd/annoying, namely the problem is it
just won't work if the CPU is an 11/70, though that's not so bad, I
could get it working with the other CPUs too. (The config I was trying
to get running on the 11/70 was 11/70 CPU, with FPP and 4M RAM, RP06
disk, and TU16/TE16 magtape.)

Though I'd really love to hear some info on the PDP-15 related
questions. (And the question about Mentec and getting the "newest"
PDP-11 operating systems is still open too.)

All in all, this has been quite fun, and a nice learning experience.
Now, if only I could get my hands on a real PDP-11...

Cheers everyone, and have a great (remainder) of a weekend.