[Simh] minimal linux

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:37:34 EST 2011

> Hi, Jason,
>
> There are any number of minimal Linux distros available using the latest
> kernels.  Why travel so far back in time for the base platform?  Why not
> reserve those impulses for the systems we love to emulate? ;-)
>
>                                                                Rich Alderson

Hi!

Well I know that I've really not followed linux all that closely for
the last few years, as it just got too involved with all the thousands
of seemingly incompatible distributions that broke things in strange
and interesting ways.. And being a a.out to elf refugee I've been
pushed away...  Hell I even bought quake 3 to support loki (I think
that makes me one of the few who did), but with having to hack libc &
ld.so to load an old exe is just insane.  I know we have source now,
but it's kind of sad I can run a 17 year old word processor on
windows, but running 17 year old linux binaries would be damned near
impossible....

Anyways enough of that ;)

I'll have to check out this ttylinux I know it'll be somewhat easier
to deal with then Windows CE, since the CEPC's device driver support
is kind of lacking......