[Simh] DZ and VH device oddities under RSTS/E 10.1

Christopher Myers thisisentchris87 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:41:49 EDT 2011

It looks as if I didn't use version 5.04 of F77, I used version 5.03 (which
is on that website you linked, its named f77_v5_3.zip).  If I recall
correctly I encountered the same issue, but I couldn't resolve it so I
jumped down a version. If you can't figure out whats wrong with 5.04 that's
one option.

As for the START.COM file.  The location I put the BP2 and F77 lines are in
the "Run-time and libraries" section.  These are my lines:

install/library bp2res   <------ This line installs the resident library
into the system, IF you installed it!

install/library [1,1]:f7rcls   <----- Same story here

install/runtime_system bp2   <------ This line installs the BP2 runtime
system into the system, again IF you installed it!

As for MAIL and FMS insert these lines before the "enable logins" section in
start.com:

@FMS$:FMSTRT.COM

@MAIL$:MAILIN.com

Hopefully these lines resolve your issues and I hope you can access those
links for the manuals.