[Simh] need help with vax780 on linux

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:16:40 EDT 2011

this seems to have fixed it,

thanks!

Dan.

Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:36:58 +0100
From: scope.matthew at btinternet.com
To: simh at trailing-edge.com
Subject: Re: [Simh] need help with vax780 on linux

    On 24/07/2011 05:25, Dan Gahlinger wrote:

        I got a DSK file from other user which works fine on their
        system,

        but when I try it on my linux system I just get errors, no
        matter how I try to boot it.

      sim> boot rq0

           VAX/VMS Version V4.2 24-JUN-1985 08:00

        **** FATAL BUG CHECK, VERSION = BJT  INVEXCEPTN, Exception while
        above ASTDEL or on interrupt stack

    This looks a lot like the O2 optimization bug that was discussed
    back in December/January. Did you build simh from source?

    If you are building with GCC 4.x there are some changes that need to
    be made to the macros in vax780_defs.h or the makefile needs to be
    modified in order to reduce the optimization level (-O1 rather than
    -O2).

    Matt