[Simh] http://www.its.os.org/ where are the files now?

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Sun Jan 30 19:50:40 EST 2011

> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:16:46 +0100 (CET)
> From: Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE>

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Fernan Bolando wrote:

>> I have seen a few posting regarding its.os.org but they no longer exist.

>> this --->>> ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/ftp.its.os.org
>> is now empty.

> That is correct. God knwos who was the caretaker of that repsoitory, but
> it's gone, just like its.os.org is. The interest in preserving ITS is
> unfortunately nil, tragically.

I have to disagree with this.  Aside from those who wish to run ITS on
SimH (or KLH10), there is a restoration project at Living Computer Museum
to bring the KS-10 system MIT-AI back to life.  We currently have a second
KS-10 running the ITS MINSYS installation, and I am working on building
9-track tapes from the images which used to reside at ftp.its.os.org .

Once the hardware is stable, we will put the system on the Internet for
public access.

Rich Alderson

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org