[Simh] scandocs.trailing-edge.com

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Sat Jan 29 14:06:39 EST 2011

Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
> On 1/29/11 10:08 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>
> > OCRs of Tim's documents will appear in
> > http://bitsavers.org/scandocs.trailing-edge.com (which is an unlinked dir)
> > today as the OCR finishes
> >

> Acrobat OCR failed on the 36 bit documents because it thought the page size was bigger
> than 45x45 inches, so I guess the metadata in the page scans is wrong.

Metadata is cleaned up. (well not exactly, I made everything fit into
8.5x11 rectangles more exactly.) Get new copies and I think you'll be OK.

I can also get you the original PNG's,
or turn the PNG's into TIFF's (can tumble handle color or greyscale TIFF's?
I remember working very hard about a decade ago making sure the PNG's
represented the red text and grey boxes in the original documents accurately.)

Tim.