[Simh] Server down.

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Fri Jan 28 06:31:00 EST 2011

Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:
> simh.trailing-edge.com seems to be down for the count.  It vanished sometime
> this morning (my time) and by 2AM next morning was still gone.

I was one of a couple hundred thousand people who lost power. I
was lucky, my power was back (and the server was up) after 24 hours,
others will be waiting 2 or 3 more days.

http://dcist.com/2011/01/power_outages_in_the_hundreds_of_th.php

I have about 6 hours of UPS capacity to ride out the briefest
outages, but to be realistic power outages of a week or two happen
several times a decade. So 24 hours is on the brief side :-)

Tim.