[Simh] VMS 4.6 won't boot from a Massbus disk

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 26 17:48:34 EST 2011

Brian your post reminded me of an issue that arose when I first started playing with shadow sets on my emaulated VAX.

During the building of (or rebuilding of later) the shadow sets, the CPU (VAX) would be just about pegged - very very slow to respond to anything until the shadow sets were rebuilt.  I put it down to the fact that the modern drives were just too darn fast to complete their IO...

I was temped to make changes in the disk drivers just to see what would happen, but decided that it wasn't worth the effort......

Villy