[Simh] VMS 4.6 won't boot from a Massbus disk

Peter Allan petermallan at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:07:43 EST 2011

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

To answer Bob's questions:

1) I am using the vmb.exe image that comes with simh

2) The hang does not occur in SYSBOOT. I can get into SYSBOOT, look at the
parameter values, change them and type CONTINUE. That is when the system
hangs. Yesterday I tried a minimal boot by going into SYSBOOT and typing
SET/STARTUP OPA0:, but that did not help.

4) I will try using the Massbus and RP debugging capability and see what it
tells me.

I am running this on a recently purchased quad-core system that is rather
fast. I have simh set up on a system that is much slower, so I will give
that a try to see if there is a difference.

Cheers

Peter Allan