[Simh] VMS 4.6 won't boot from a Massbus disk

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 26 14:00:30 EST 2011

Bob wrote

> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:44:37 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Bob Supnik <bsupnik at comcast.net>
> To: simh at trailing-edge.com
> Subject: Re: [Simh] VMS 4.6 won't boot from a Massbus disk
> >

> What would be most useful would be a VMS 4.X source set, but up
> until now, no one in the community has found one.  So here are some
> questions and ideas for debugging this problem.

I have a VAX/VMS V4.4 source fiche set that I have been hanging on to
for years (DEC P/N AH-HP48A-SE).  Is this useful?  If so, please call
me or reply with instructions.  I am very close to the Computer
History Museum, if that is a good way point.

We also have about a dozen paper tapes of what look to be RM02/RM03
diagnostics.  I assume these came with our PDP-11/70 in 1978, which
had an RM03 system disk.  I don't know if they can be read these
days.  If they are useful, someone should let me know as well.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov