[Simh] Interim corrections

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Thu Jan 20 07:49:09 EST 2011

I realize that it's taking a long time to get the next release of SimH
out. Unfortunately, debug and integration work is still continuing, as
some of the changes (like a totally revised Ethernet package) are quite
significant.  As a result, the next release will probably be 3.9-0
rather than 3.8-2.

To help people waiting for bug fixes in specific simulators, I've added
an "Interim Corrections" page to the SimH website
(http://simh.trailing-edge.com).  This page has links to source modules
that fix specific bugs in 3.8-1 and that can be compiled with the
existing 3.8-1 sources.  So far, these include:

- fixes to the MUL/DIV bug in h316_cpu.c
- fixes to the VAX Ultrix issues in pdp11_tq.c
- fixes to the bugs in pdp8_fpp.c, and a new pdp8_sys.c enabling the FPP

More will be added as they are found and validated.

I will not be releasing interim corrections to any of the central
simulator routines (SCP and libraries), as the testing process for
validating against all 20+ simulators is too lengthy.

/Bob Supnik