[Simh] O2 optimization on Linux

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:45:10 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Peter Allan <petermallan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Bob is quite right about the problem only occurring under specific circumstances. It appears to me that the problem lies with the version of the gnu C compiler that comes with CentOS 5.5, and we can hardly ask the maintainers to fix it since the latest version seems to work just fine.
>
> Ironically, I use CentOS because it is a robust system.

I would like to know of a workaround or fix (don't really care which,
as long as things end up working with CentOS/RedHat 5.5).

I've been using CentOS and/or RedHat for my employers, clients, and
myself for over seven years (including on the system I'm typing on
now).  I'm not using 5.5 yet, but I'm sure I will be in 2011.  I'd
like to not have to worry that simh might or might not do the right
thing on the OS I use most of my waking hours.

So, while I haven't been able to contribute to this discussion, I'm
very happy it is taking place and I can see things get hashed out.
Thanks for all the good effort, guys!

-ethan