[Simh] small unix v6 and scripting simh

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Mon Oct 18 18:57:16 EDT 2010

> Hi,
>   slightly unusual task -- I'm interested in scripting a
> simh session where I send input to simh's guest as well
> as occasionally to simh itself (ie. ^E followed by some commands).

I bit the bullet and used expect as suggested by multiple
people.  It seemed to work pretty well (although for
some reason I think there's a point where my script
gets slightly out of sync, but not enough to prevent it
from working).

Here's the result:

   http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/myv6.tgz

its a minimal package with a tape image and some
expect scripts for building a clean unix v6 distribution
from the tape.  I tried to keep the scripting simple
and documentary so that others who want to do it manually
can look at it for pointers.

If anyone has suggestions on the scripting or the unix
configuration, all comments are welcome.

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com