[Simh] Simulated disk size

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat May 29 18:41:00 EDT 2010

I have recently discovered that my difference disk code does not work well
with all simulated disks. I had tested it with the RQ disks in the VAX 780
emulation. Recently I have had occasion to try the PDP 11 simulation and I
have discovered that my code does not work with RP disks. This is because I
rely on the capac field in the sim_unit structure. From what I can tell this
field is the number of bytes for an RQ disk, but the number of 16-bit words
for an RP. Is there a consistent way for me to discover the size of a
simulated disk in bytes?

Regards

Rob