[Simh] Batch vs interactive

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Mon May 17 14:17:26 EDT 2010

One of the issues that I have run up against running OPENVMS on simh is that the tuning parameters for the OS are not optimal for todays high speed disks.

If you run a IO intensive application (like synching mirrored disks under VMS) the IO operations can easily chew up all of the emulated cycles available.  I had given some thought to changing the disk drivers so that there were built-in delays to more accurately represent that dasd that was availble for the 3900 - but decided that it wasn't worth the effort...

Villy