[Simh] Making tape/disk images

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Mon May 10 21:39:55 EDT 2010

> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:06:44 +0800
> From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com>

> (I'm also going to put up a tape image with a fully-functioning Kermit-11
> for RSTS and, maybe, RSX-11 and RT-11 (if I have the time) so others don't
> have to go through this mess.)

Just last week, I needed to put Kermit-11 on a SimH PDP-11 running RSTS/E, and
the only reference to doing that that I could find via Google was Mr. Richter's
message of 30 April.

Since I've built a number of SimH tape images for the PDP-10 (and KLH10), and
had access to other PDP-11 images for comparison, I decided to create my own.
I downloaded the relevant files from the Kermit repository at Columbia,
including the installation documentation, and build a working Kermit-11 install
tape for RSTS using GNU Emacs.

I've put the result on my personal web page at

	http://www.panix.com/~alderson/kermit-11.tpc

Note that I used the old DECUS format rather than the SimH format.

                                                                Rich Alderson