[Simh] 6-bit variants of ASCII (AKA DEC SIXBIT)

Sergii Kolisnyk kolkmail at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:02:49 EDT 2010

Hello!

Could you give me some web links to definitive manuals on DEC SIXBIT codes?
If there are none, may be somebody could take time and tell from his memories
about _different_variants_ ?

I'm putting what I can find or remember here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixbit_code_pages
I have found ECMA-1 standard (may be you know its ANSI and/or ISO names?)
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST-WITHDRAWN/ECMA-1,%201st%20Edition,%20March%201963.pdf

ECMA-5 tells to use DEL-escaping to represent full ASCII code space:
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST-WITHDRAWN/ECMA-5,%203rd%20Edition,%20June%201970.pdf

I'm also wondering how it got into ISO/IEC 7811-2
http://cardforum.cardprom.ru/standard/ISO-card-magnetic18.gif

Could you correct my mistakes, if any?
(As I remember, PDP-8 used other variant, with halves of code space
swapped, so A got 01 code.)

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Sergii Kolisnyk