[Simh] RSTS/E FORTRAN installation.

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:53:25 EDT 2010

OK, that's taken me a step forward, but it refuses to mount the tape I've
got because it's looking for the tape label "FRTRN77" but my tape's label is
"F77504".  I'm going to try and make a tape image that has that label in
place of the one I got and see if that helps.

Trying to piece all this together with incomplete manuals sets from a spread
of RSTS/E versions is ... a challenge.  :D

On 6 May 2010 20:28, Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org> wrote:

> Hi Michael
>
> On the version of RSTS/E I have (V9.6-11), I installed FORTRAN-77
> V5.3-05 using -
>
> @[0,1]instal layered_products
>
> and specified FRTRN77 as the product to install.
>
> Tony
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've got a tape for FORTRAN-77 v5.4 for my RSTS/E system.  The contents
> are
> > a bit confusing, however, and I can't find an installation guide for the
> > package.
> [snip]
>
> --
> Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org>

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.