[Simh] Status?

Matjaz Rihtar matjaz at eunet.si
Wed May 12 20:40:11 EDT 2010

A while ago (on 3.7-3) I've also made a small modification to simh sources
which I've now ported to 3.8-1.

Just before the simulator starts waiting for the console Telnet connection,
it automatically starts the telnet with the proper parameters in the
background. A new window is opened with the telnet already connected to the
console.

This is implemented on Unix with xterm/telnet and on Windows with cmd/telnet
or putty. Selection of telnet or putty on Windows is done via new parameter
"client" in "set console" command, for example:

set console telnet=2100, client=putty

"show console" also shows selected console client. Default is telnet.

If anyone is interested, I will send my patch (auto-telnet) to Jason.

Regards,
  Matjaz